Monday, December 14, 2009

My portfolio - Blue Moon

This might be my favorite in my portfolio.

I went with long-copy for a beer advertisement, which is certainly not characteristic of the category, but there is method to my madness.

Blue Moon pretends to be a Colorado microbrew from the "Blue Moon Brewing Company."
Said company does not exist. Blue Moon is an invention of Miller Coors, and not a bad one at that, considering anyone who knows anything about beer might rather drink human bile than Coors or Miller Lite.

The strategy with this full color, full page print spot was to create a personality for Blue Moon (and to perpetuate the legend of the Blue Moon Brewing Company). The thing that stands out about Blue Moon is that, when served on tap, it is usually garnished with an orange slice. I used this as an added bonus for the ad, because if people had seen someone drinking some weird beer with an orange in it, they would now know that it was Blue Moon if they didn't before.


Click image to see it full size

2 comments:

  1. blue moon isn't this classy. good idea but, you have better ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete