Friday, June 19, 2009

Before hiring commercial actors, think with your dipstick.

I forget what I was doing when I saw the following commercial for IBM to think what it reminded me of.



It didn't really compel me to think of IBM as messiahs, so that was out. Then, it hit me. The "doctor" that appears talking about medical images or some nonsense was familiar. But from where...?



Don't see it?



This is a real "you pay too much attention to commercials" moment.

UPDATE
Upon further review, the actor is the same person, and was also in the movie Beerfest as Mr. Schniedelwichsen (and more ironically appeared in an episode of Mad Men). His name is Bjorn Johnson.

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable

1 comment:

  1. I'll go you one more. They just ran both commercials back-to-back on a History Channel commercial break.

    They ran the dipstick first followed immediately by the same guy in the I.B.M. commercial.

    I realize all they producers use character actors - I recognize lots of faces hawking different products. But rarely is such coincidental timing applied to distinguishing face and accent.

    Entertaining commercial break - 1 / Credibility - 0.

    Very funny.

    ReplyDelete