Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blog reads you - Adamvertisement #1

Now that I'm the proud owner of Adobe CS4, I thought I'd use the blog to share some of my ads and other creative work.

This first ad is something I just finished up once I got InDesign installed, it's a quarter-page advertising tourism in Branson, Missouri. This was an assignment for my ADV 207 class, in which we had to hype up the entertainment in Branson because Las Vegas had gotten so far ahead after that "what happens in Vegas" campaign.

To understand the ad, you have to be familiar with the Russian reversal, made famous by Cold War comedian Yakov Smirnoff:




Because Yakov had his own theater in Branson (on the strip, if it can be called that), I hatched the idea for this ad (click to enlarge):

No comments:

Post a Comment