Sunday, November 29, 2009

My portfolio - 5 gum

I've decided to post the work I've done for my portfolio on the blog. I'll take feedback, constructive criticism, or plain old gushing affection.

The first client is 5 Gum, a hip, new-ish chewing gum brand from Wrigley.

Ad specs: Print, Full Page (8.5 x 11), 4 Color
Things to note: it's sugar free, it comes in 7 ambiguously-named flavors, the package is shaped so that the sticks are arranged in a 3 x 5 box.

I chose to take an attitudinal positioning because, quite frankly, there are very few distinct product benefits for various brands of gum.

Special thanks to all my friends who posed for the ads:

Execution 1:


Execution 2:


Click either image to see it full size.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have the "sex" part down, so that usually means you're on the right track, right? Haha.

    I like the concept, but I think you could improve on the copy.

    Execution one: When I read "seven flavors" I don't understand why it's called 5 gum. That's not your fault, but it's a confusing branding issue.

    For the wording, how about something more direct: "Pick up 5. Pick up 5 more."

    Execution two: the copy is hilarious, haha good job. Again, maybe cut it down a bit. Also, there's a typo (sugarfree).

    Keep up the good work, and keep the posts coming!

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little miffed that they added 2 flavors because I had assumed there were five before I did research.

    Also, nobody noticed my misspelling of "sugar" until now. Nice work, Adam. >_>

    ReplyDelete