Friday, October 9, 2009

Best ad on TV 10/8: Tabasco



As much as the faces on the pepperonis might freak you out, this is just an all around great ad. Despite never seeing an ad for Tabasco brand hot sauce before, we all know what it is or at least that it exists.

They identify the product in the first 2 seconds of the ad, have the humorous value of singing pepperoni as well as a memorable jingle (which can go horribly wrong sometimes), and they bring it all together with the tag line "So Much More Than Hot." That line makes me get it; as a heavy user of the hot sauce category, I can tell you that a lot of times you are just trying to mask the actual flavor of something by dousing it in Frank's, for example. The idea that Tabasco sauce enhances the flavors rather than covers them is an awesome, unique one.

I may indeed try Tabasco on my pizza real soooooooon. Great, now that's in my head. Damn signing toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment